Monday, May 25, 2009

Confetti

I recently renamed my blog "Confetti" because I thought the metaphor appropriate for what I want my blog to be. You know, confetti is made of small little snippets of material, it is colorful, and it us most often used in time of celebration. Hopefully that is what readers experience here...colorful snippets worth celebrating. So, with that in mind, this post is a hodge-podge of recent happenings. :)

Hannah celebrated her first birthday recently! T's family traveled cross-country to join us, and we had a good time. The birthday party was loosely ball themed, and I put together a fun little ball pit for the kiddos to play in. And though she was a little overwhelmed by the whole cake put in front of her, Hannah ended up enjoying her applesauce birthday cake. It's amazing how quickly her first year passed! I spent most of the day overwhelmed with gratitude for her little life.
One of Hannah's birthday gifts was a cute little t-shirt from the gals who live with us that reads "I love my roommates". It's so true! She gets so excited to see them (unless it means mom and dad are getting ready to go somewhere without her)! I took this photo the other day because she was sporting the t-shirt, but puppy got in the way and covered up the graphic. Oh well, it's still pretty sweet.
Our neighborhood pool opened up last week, and we have gone for a dip a couple times already. Hannah is a little timid about the whole idea, but she is slowly warming up to it all.
And lest you thought this entire post was going to be about Hannah, here is a photo of eleven of my seventeen high school classmates who gathered last weekend to celebrate our ten year class reunion. My graduating class consisted of 16 of us who went to school together since kindergarten and one foreign exchange student. It was SO great to gather together to catch up and reminisce. My cheeks were sore by the end of the night...too much laughter!

And lastly, I'm planning to take a major risk and will have a new look to celebrate (hopefully I'll be celebrating) after Thursday. Look forward to an update about this whole adventure!

10 comments:

manhattandoula said...

Such a fun post! I can't wait to see your new do! :)

Erika said...

Oh Carmen, this post just brought huge smiles to my face. From cute Hannah, to Ryan and Tiff, to your class pic! I just finished telling Nate who each one was, connecting them to people he knew. Sounds like you had fun.

Can't wait to see the new hair do!

jenifriend said...

i am really digging that hairdo! *sigh* i remember when my hair was that short...maybe again one day i'll take the plunge...but not until after this wedding is over and done with that's for certain!

i love the applesauce cake idea; have you blogged about this and maybe i missed it??

Regan said...

I'm glad the party went well. And I can't wait to see the new haircut! I hope it's everything you want it to be.

Alisha said...

I can't wait to see your new hairdo!! Hannah is super cute too as always. :)

Em said...

Your class picture turned out better than ours--thanks for posting it! I enjoyed the other pictures, too! It was great seeing you over the weekend!

Marie said...

I absolutely can't wait to see it!

Mandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandy said...

I love reading about the colorful snippets in your life that are most definitely worth celebrating!

tiff said...

What a sassy do!!! I love it! Can't wait to see it!! Thanks for posting the family pic. That's a good one. Post a pic soon of your new hair. That makes me want to do something more adventurous to mine. Very inspiring.