I have debated for a couple days now about whether or not to post about this on my blog, but I am on the brink of tears everytime I think of it, so I figured I would share with my cyber community. Some friends of ours from the college years (and T's high school years) have been hit with some very difficult news this past week. Joel and Jess have a precious little ten month old girl named Cora who has been battling various ear infections and other ailments in recent months. At a doctor's appointment this week, they were made aware of some cancerous symptoms, and doctors later confirmed that Cora has neuroblastoma. They have already done one initial surgery and will start chemotherapy this week.
(Photo borrowed from Laura Moffat)
(Photo borrowed from Laura Moffat)I am burdened for Joel and Jess as I can't even begin to imagine what they are feeling! The thought of seeing our little Hannah go through something like that seems almost unbearable. So, with that, I know that they would greatly appreciate any prayers you think to say on their behalf. They are seeking God as they long for Cora to be healed. And if you are interested in following their story, Jess's good friend, Julie, is keeping her blog updated as she hears news. You can find a link to her blog on the right side of mine..."Julie J". Thanks friends!

5 comments:
Thanks for sharing Carmen. I am glad to have found Julie's blog with all the updates. You are burdened because you have a daughter and you can imagine how horrible it would be for her to be so sick and yet so helpless. I promise to pray! Gosh they sure are a beautiful family.
You might also start a facebook group encouraging people to pray for them. I would, but I don't know them very well.
I'm totally with you Carmen. Ever since you told me it's been on my heart. It's times like this I wish I lived closer so I could do things to help them out (meals, cleaning, laundry, just being there!). But I am thankful that I can pray for them because, after all, that really is where the power is. Thanks so much for sharing. I'll be praying too.
Thanks for sharing... we're praying! Katie
I'll be keeping your dear friend in my prayers, Carmen. Take care and continue to keep us posted.
Post a Comment