Sunday, August 10, 2008

From Tree to Table

I spent time nearly everyday this week working on peaches that a friend and I went to a local "farm" to pick.
It was a challenge to get to them all in the midst of feeding and tending to Hannah, but I ended up freezing seven quarts of peaches and making a yummy cobbler. Mmmmm!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm...peach cobbler. Yummers!

The Mom of the family I lived with in college would prepare peach pies with fresh peaches and freeze them. When she pulled them out of the freezer and baked them they tasted like they were made fresh that day. Amazing. Guess peaches are a pretty good fruit to freeze.

Amanda said...

I did peaches too this year! I got two bushels (at the time thinking that was a good amount). It just about killed me though to get that much done. With 3 kiddo's to watch over....it was a mess!