It was a day just like any other day...or so it seemed. At 6:30 a.m. a portion of my morning was spent carefully preparing my nutritionally balanced sack lunch...a juicy orange, carrots, a stick of string cheese, a whole grain cereal bar, and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich prepared on homemade whole wheat bread. I wrapped it in my usual "lunch box"...a plastic WalMart bag, and was on with my day. When I arrived at school at 7:20, I placed my lunch in its usual refrigerated location. I was already looking forward to eating it.
Then...11:50 a.m....with a full appetite, I eagerly headed to retrieve my lunch. Much to my surprise the fridge was EMPTY! I couldn't believe my eyes! I quickly surveyed the small room and put my detective skills to work. Then I saw my first clue...a plastic WalMart bag in the trashcan. I curiously lifted the bag to find my next clues...orange peels, some empty ziploc bags, and other wrappers seeming to match the contents of my lunch! I had innocently stumbled upon a crime scene! My meal had been sabotaged.
Okay, so, here is where my attempt at creative writing comes to an end. Without drawing out the end to this mystery...it turns out that one of my coworkers "accidentally" ate my lunch today! I know it seems ridiculous that something like that could happen "on accident", but it did. (That part is a long story.) I still can't get over it! So, sadly enough, rather than having my wholesome, carefully prepared lunch at noon, I had to wait until 1:30 and then make a quick run between classes for a greasy, nutrient-depleted cheeseburger...GROSS! :(
Cheryl's Birthday
2 years ago

1 comment:
Carmen, you crack me up! I wish I had the same enthusiasm for health food. I truthfully would have been somewhat excited at the excuse to get fast food. :)
Post a Comment