It's been a full semester. My teaching job has been more consuming than I'd like. It has really affected how much I am able to offer during my free time...at home and with friends. We recently had an unexpected four days off from school due to the crazy ice storm, and T and I both noticed a huge difference in my demeanor. I was much more laid back, available, creative, and thoughtful. Having some time and space to myself without the pressures of constantly being "on" at school was so refreshing. It makes me sad that after being back at work this week, I quickly returned to feeling empty, caught up, and stressed. I could go on and on about many of the factors that affect me so, but I'm officially on Christmas break, and I'd rather not think about it all for now.
On a lighter, more exciting note, we are going to spend some time over this holiday break working on preparations for our little princess whom we are expecting in May! I can't wait to work on the nursery and start to register for fun baby things! Our little heirloom tomato (that's about how big she is according to babycenter.com) is making herself know these days. She is making my little belly protrude more and more each week and she is working those arms and legs like crazy. The little "pops" can even be felt by T every now and then...so special! It was so amazing to witness her movements and all of her teeny body parts during our sonogram earlier this week. What an incredible miracle she is.


4 comments:
I like the new look of your blog. I hope the rest of the break is restful. We'd love to spend some time with you guys.
You are so CUTE! I'm glad you updated your blog...way more exciting to see a new post. I still check it regularly :).
Merry Christmas!! Love you guys!
That was Tiff...
Rejoicing with you friend!
Post a Comment